There is something about the way a man smells when he is authentic;
it is hard to delineate as a particular, but is more of a variety of scents that titillate and incite desire.
It does not overpower, neither is it hard to discern one from another at a party or social event. The intuitive date knows just the right blend of sexy and subdued to draw in the lovely female moths to the flame. So, do you think for a minute that your scentual mark is any less important to a potential man?
Essential oils, used for millenia to attract men, excite and engage certain parts of the brain, especially the limbic system(the emotional control center). This is also associated with the hypothalamus, crucial for sexual and visceral behavior, emotions and memory. And, smell travels faster than sight or sound. Our sense of smell is 10,000 times more acute than any other. Men are primal, following that place in their gut creatures; needing tangible experiences that smell provides. The oils stimulate the olfactory bulb, creating electrical pulses that stimulate the nerves and move into the higher brain centers. The oils themselves do not enter the brain.
Essential oils have the power to enhance, if not completely entrance a man when they mingle with your own natural scent and pheromones. But, there are so many choices; should you use a blend, an essence, a single , or should you create you own?
Here are the top eight natural scents that attract men, based on ancient civilizations that are still considered aphrodisiacs:
- rose – men buy these because they like them so…women are more attracted to the lily family, as well as the smell of carnations. Cleopatra was said to bathe in goat milk and rose petals. Rose also incites hope.
- vanilla – precious to the Native Americans, it has long been used to draw in potential mates. Vanilla is known as a warm and intoxicating scent that also stimulates taste buds, as well as memories of home, and cooking, which is important to many men, even on a subconscious level.
- jasmine – an absolute, it is used to help with reproductive issues. It was thought to produce desire. It will benefit the woman who is afraid to lose control, helping her to open up to being vulnerable, while aiding those who have lower self esteem, as it is a confidence booster.
- ylang ylang – helps men with impotence and lover frigidity. It is the flower’s flower. It sharpens the senses, alleviates jealousy and anger, and helps one to relax. Used in Chanel No.5.
- Sandalwood – of calming quality, men enjoy being around women who are peaceful and calm, as it means they are free to relax. This is very important to the business man, especially after a long, hard day. Simultaneously it also excites the olfactory then the hypothalamus. It is soothing, yet erotic.
- rosewood- alleviate melancholy, restore calm, encourages male potency, hormone secretion, and help to restore sex drive.
- Lavender – the herb of love, calming, and fidelity. Smelling this can increase penile blood flow. Cleopatra is also associated with this scent.
- Cinnamon – known to attract men like bees to a flower. It awakens fond memories of childhood, good, home cooked food, and love. It is also similar to human pheromones.
I wanted to add the most popular smell happens to be none other than pumpkin pie. Yep. So, perhaps a good mix would be one drop each of vanilla, cinnamon, and lavender mixed in about 1/4 cup of a carrier oil that you like, almond, olive, or avocado, unless you are allergic to nuts. Store in a cool area away from sunlight in a dark bottle for best effects.
Be sensible with trying essential oils if it is new to you, and never use more than one or two drops to start. I have some earlier posts on how to tell the value of an oil, as well as the names of three places that seem to have top quality oils, my personal favorite being Young Living. If you have any doubts as to whether the oil will be an issue for you, you can look up your medicines as well as the oil you wish to try to see if there is an counteraction. Consult your doctor if you aren’t sure or naturopath, or herbalist. Remember never to directly breathe in an oil, but open the top and gently waft or brush your hand over the sample to let it come gently to you.
Try some of these, and you’ll be sure to become unforgettable to that special man.