cancer fighting, colds, diet, diffuser, empowerment, energy work, essential oils, faith, flu, GERD, hearty soups, holistic, intuition, Natural, nature, nutrition, Paleo, raw foods, self esteem, self image, sex, soups, spirituality, squash, weight loss, winter puree, winter remedies, women
The cold and flu season is upon us, but it doesn’t have to get you down.
Here are some simple, but worthwhile tips for keeping both you and your loved ones healthy and vibrant- super-charged and congestion free!
- Buy a diffuser, which simply has a gentle heat source and a water chamber where you add a few drops of your favorite anti-bacterial essential oil. Lavender, Thieves, cinnamon, myrrh, and oregano are great ideas! Many warming foods are also aphrodisiacs, and can help spice up your love life – ginger, garlic, cayenne are top choices!
- Add more nutmeg, garlic, cinnamon, lemon, orange fruits and veggies, and any root- beets, squashes, carrots, garlic, sweet potato, whole white potato, skin-on, garlic, ginseng, parsnips, radish, kohlrabi, wasabi – to your diet. They are full of anti-bacterial properties and nutrients for optimal health.
- Add a good quality apple-cider vinegar several times a week, by dabbling on fresh salads, or adding 2 Tbl. To 10 ounces of juice in the a.m. it assists the bowels, helps cut down congestion, is full of nutrients, and helps alkaline the pH, keeping bacteria and germs at bay. It also helps one lose weight.
- Invest in a Ninja processor/blender. It is the easiest way I’ve ever seen to get the full benefit of raw foods with little waste. The smoothie texture is a big draw to get kids to try it, too! If you’re new to this, try a Hamilton Beach juicer or blender. I have used both, and now use the Ninja. The travel cup size is a life save for the high speed, travelling person! Both are also on sale at Wal-Mart.
- Top quality essential oils – http://www.youngliving.com/en_US – read about them here, and then find a distributor online to save money!
- Ninja products, http://www.amazon.com/Ninja-Ultima-Blender-Plus-BL830/dp/B00ESQ5DD6/ref=sr_1_3?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1392125693&sr=1-3&keywords=ninja+professional+blender
- Hamilton Beach won’t last near as long, but is a great start – http://www.amazon.com/Hamilton-Beach-56206-Smoothie-Blender/dp/B00C4RRNEI/ref=sr_1_6?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1392125838&sr=1-6&keywords=hamilton+beach+blender
- Diffusers are a great way to fight air-bourne sickness – pictured, https://immabee.scentsy.us/Scentsy/home. Another choice is, http://www.amazon.com/Diffuser-Travel-Essential-Young-Living/dp/B005G4GHCK/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1392126879&sr=8-4&keywords=young+living+oil+diffuser and can go in the car for de-stress on the commute!
Recipe for winter squash soup to follow!